The fire damper is a normally closed valve, which is a method of temperature control by fusible alloys that is closed by the action of gravity and the action of a spring mechanism. So what matters should we pay attention to when choosing a fire damper, here are seven key points to share with you:
1. The main control parameters for fire dampers are specifications and so on.
2. Fire dampers are suitable for pipes in ventilation, air conditioning or smoke exhaust systems.
3. If the valve is linked with the fan, it should be equipped with a double micro switch device.
4. When choosing a valve, pay attention to the function of the valve, such as normally open or normally closed, automatic closing and opening, manual closing and opening, manual reset, signal output, remote control and other requirements.
5. Fire dampers are suitable for ventilation and air conditioning systems. Except for fire dampers used in kitchen fume exhaust systems in public buildings, the operating temperature is 150 °C. Generally, the operating temperature of fire dampers for ventilation and air conditioning systems is 70 °C.
6. The valve body blades should be steel plates with a thickness of 2~6mm, the valve body should be made of non-combustible materials, and the rotating parts should be made of corrosion-resistant metal materials, and the rotation should be flexible. The thickness of the valve shell shall not be less than 2mm. Fusible parts shall meet fire department approved standards.
The above six points are the whole content of what matters should be paid attention to in the selection of fire dampers. According to the above six points, the selection of fire dampers will definitely get twice the result with half the effort. Let’s forward it~