Twelve Guidelines for Installing Inlet Safety Valves
The imported safety valve is generally used to protect the system safety in the pipeline or equipment of the closed system.And the imported safety valve can automatically open and close according to the working pressure.
1. The inlet pipeline of the safety valve should adopt a long radius elbow.
2. The safety valve should be installed in a place where it is easy to repair and adjust, and there should be enough working space around it.
3. When the discharge pipe of the safety valve is discharged to the atmosphere, its outlet should not be directed towards equipment, platforms, ladders, cables, etc.
4. For large-diameter safety valves, the possibility of hoisting after the safety valve is dismantled should be considered when arranging, and a boom should be installed if necessary.
5. The outlet pipe of the safety valve cannot have a bag shape. When the outlet pipe of the safety valve is long, a certain slope should be set, and the dry gas system is not included.
6. The safety valve should not be installed at the dead end of the long horizontal pipeline to prevent the accumulation of solid or liquid materials at the dead end, so as not to affect the normal operation of the safety valve.
7. The design of the safety valve outlet pipeline should consider that the back pressure does not exceed a certain value of the constant pressure of the safety valve. For example, for an ordinary spring safety valve, the back pressure should not exceed 10% of the constant pressure value of the safety valve.
8. The outlet pipe of the safety valve discharged into the closed system should be obliquely connected to the top of the pressure relief main pipe at 45 degrees along the flow direction of the medium, so as to prevent the condensate in the main pipe from flowing back into the branch pipe and reduce the back pressure of the safety valve.
9. The installation of the safety valve should be as close as possible to the protected equipment or pipeline. If it cannot be arranged close to it, the pressure drop of the pipeline from the nozzle of the protected equipment to the inlet of the safety valve should not exceed 3% of the constant pressure value of the valve. .
10. Safety valves on equipment or pipelines should generally be installed upright, but for safety valves installed in liquid pipelines, heat exchangers, containers, etc., when the valve is closed, the pressure may rise due to thermal expansion. Install horizontally.
11. When there is a shut-off valve on the outlet pipeline of the safety valve, a single-gate gate valve should be selected and sealed with lead. . When the safety valve is provided with a bypass valve, the valve should be sealed with lead.
12. There should be a “bag-shaped” liquid accumulation inside the discharge pipe of the wet gas pressure relief system, and the installation height of the safety valve should be higher than that of the pressure relief system. If the outlet of the safety valve is lower than the pressure relief main pipe or the discharge pipe needs to be raised to connect to the main pipe, a liquid separation bag should be installed at the low point where it is easy to access.
The above are the twelve guidelines for installing imported safety valves that I shared with you today. Following the above guidelines can achieve relatively basic installation requirements. The installation of the valve is a very important part of the operation of the valve in the future, and it must not be taken lightly.