Points for installing a pressure reducing valve
(1) The installation of the pressure reducing valve should be carried out after the pressure test and flushing of the water supply pipe network are qualified, and the pressure test and flushing records of the pipeline should be checked.
(2) Before installing the pressure reducing valve, it should be checked that its specifications and models should be consistent with the design, the control pipeline outside the valve and the connecting parts of the pilot valve should not be loose, the appearance should be free from mechanical damage, and foreign matter in the valve should be removed.
(3) For the convenience of operation and maintenance, the pressure reducing valve is generally installed upright on the horizontal pipeline. The proportional pressure reducing valve should be installed vertically. When installed horizontally, the orifice of the single breathing hole pressure reducing valve should be downward, and the orifice of the double breathing hole pressure reducing valve should be in a horizontal position; the adjustable pressure reducing valve should be installed horizontally. The cover should be up.
(4) The pressure reducing valve must be installed in strict accordance with the direction of the arrow on the valve body to maintain the same direction as the fluid flow. If the water quality is not clean and contains some impurities, a filter must be installed at the upstream water inlet of the pressure reducing valve (we recommend that the filtration accuracy is not less than 0.5mm).
(5) A filter should be installed on the water inlet side, and a control valve should be installed before and after it.
(6) In order to prevent overpressure behind the valve, a pressure reducing valve should be installed at a place not less than 4M away from the valve outlet. If you need to install a pressure reducing valve in a hot water system, you must install a check valve between the pressure reducing valve and the expansion tank. This not only allows the expansion tank to absorb the volume of water increased due to thermal expansion, but also prevents the influence of hot water backflow or pressure fluctuations on the pressure reducing valve, ensuring that the pressure reducing valve works normally for a long time. The pressure reducing valve plays a certain check function in the pipeline. In order to prevent the harm of water hammer, a small expansion tank can also be installed to prevent damage to the pipeline and valve. The filter must be installed in front of the water inlet pipe of the pressure reducing valve, and the expansion The water tank must be installed after the outlet pipe of the pressure reducing valve.
(7) When installing a pressure reducing valve without its own pressure gauge, a pressure gauge should be installed in the adjacent parts before and after it.