Advantages of gate valves
1. Small flow resistance. The medium channel inside the valve body is straight, the medium flows in a straight line, and the flow resistance is small.
2. It is more labor-saving when opening and closing. Compared with the globe valve, because whether it is open or closed, the direction of movement of the gate is perpendicular to the flow direction of the medium.
3. The height is large and the opening and closing time is long. The opening and closing stroke of the gate is large, and the lifting and lowering are carried out by the screw.
4. The phenomenon of water hammer is not easy to occur. The reason is the long closing time.
5. The medium can flow in any direction on both sides, which is easy to install. The gate valve channel is symmetrical on both sides.
6. The length of the structure (the distance between the two connecting end faces of the shell) is small.
7. The shape is simple, the length of the structure is short, the manufacturing process is good, and the scope of application is wide.
8. The structure is compact, the valve rigidity is good, the channel is smooth, the flow resistance is small, the sealing surface is made of stainless steel and hard alloy, the service life is long, the PTFE packing is used, the sealing is reliable, and the operation is light and flexible.
Gate valve disadvantages
Erosion and scratches are easily caused between the sealing surfaces, and maintenance is difficult. The external size is large, a certain space is required to open, and the opening and closing time is long. The structure is more complicated.